The club encourages members to take part in events outside the island, be it road racing, MTB events or some other activities such as L’etape du Tour. Financial support may be available to members participating in competitive events away from Jersey. This is generally in the UK or France but not limited to these.
We have decided to introduce a more open and more formal procedure which will hopefully lead to an equitable approach for claiming a travel grant.
The value of grants is:
- UK races are eligible for £100 with an additional £50 for each extra race done if the rider has an additional nights stay.
- French races are eligible for £50 with an additional £25 for each extra race done if the rider has an additional nights stay.
- Sportive events are eligible for a one off grant per season of £30.
- In addition to travel expenses if an individual is abroad and enters an event representing CCC the club will pay the race entries of the event subject to approval from the Committee.
Members are eligible to claim for a grant under the following guidelines:
- Travel assistance is only available to riders entering races outside the island.
- All monies from grants (Those available from the CCC and third parties) do not exceed the total costs of entering the event.
- No retrospective applications can be accepted.
- The Travel Grant Application form (in CCC-Grant-Application.doc or CCC-Grant-Application.pdf) must be completed and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before traveling to the event.
- A report of the event(s) should be submitted to the website and JEP as soon as possible after the event.
- Club kit must be worn during competition.
- All grants are at the discretion of the management committee and its decision is final.
The following maximum amount per calendar year can be claimed by one indiviudal Under 23 is £750.
All others £500.
Exceptions to the annual Cap will only be approved in advance by the CCC Management Committe.
Completed forms should be returned using the email address: email@example.com.
New Travel Grant for U23’s
To encourage younger members to venture off the Island to race, the management committee have set a new travel grant of £150 for U23’s racing in the UK. Applications have to be made in the usual way using the form on this page where guidelines on eligibility can also be found, and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact form Travel Grants
Please provide Details event enter, and breakdown cost between Travel Costs, Entry costs & Accommodation costs. Additionally mention any 3rd party assistance given.